FINANCIAL CONTROLLERTucson, AZ
Job Type: Full-Time 40+ hours/week, M-F, 8-4:30
Compensation: Competitive Salary DOE
As a key member of the Executive Management team, you will report to the board and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. You will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling the financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, financial forecasting, , product costing, cashflow and risk management. In this position, you will not only be an accomplished accountant and proactive with company finances but will also be commercially aware and provide advice on the best path of growth for our business.
The following are the core responsibilities that will be required. Special projects and other responsibilities not listed below will be assigned on an as needed basis with direction from the board of directors.
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s business profile and control environment.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Provides leadership and coordination in the financial, cash flow planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas
- Manage cash balances and cash flow planning/forecasting to ensure funds availability.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, tax preparers, as needed.
- Report significant issues to management and make recommendations for actions/solutions.
- Manage special projects and other duties as required in accordance with company initiatives and changes.
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company.
Accounting Administration & Operations
- Evaluate the effectiveness of systems and controls and preparing monthly reports and balance sheets for the Board of Directors
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Maintains and enhances an effective system of internal controls.
- Oversee the accounting operations of the company including transaction processing activities.
- Prepare/review all month-end closing activities
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines
Financial Analysis, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements and related reports issued in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) against budget for variances.
- Coordinate the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Prepare miscellaneous pro forma financial statements, analysis, and financial modeling as needed.
- Coordinates and manages:
- Annual budget preparation
- Coordinate annual external financial review/audit process
- Year-end financial statements and tax returns
- Annual professional and liability insurance renewal process
- Monitoring and renewal of all business licenses and permits as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial management.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principals, and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills.
About Riton Optics:
Located on Tucson’s east side, Riton Optics was founded on the premise that customers should be able to buy quality optics and have the industry’s best service at every price point. Riton is passionate about offering high quality optics at the industry’s most competitive prices, and always putting the customer first. Every Riton optic goes through a rigorous dual inspection process in Tucson and is backed by the Riton Promise Warranty which includes rapid product replacement on all returns.